We are always accepting bike, component, and accessory donations. Please drop off donations any time during our opening hours. Bikes can be in any condition and of any shape or size. You can park right in front of the shop at 2100 4th Street S.W.
Please note that, unfortunately, we do not have the resources to pick up bikes.
There are three things that might happen to your bike once you donate it:
- Youth sized bikes go to Two Wheel View’s Earn-a-Bike youth program. To a child who has completed one of their 8 week programs. Please visit Two Wheel View’s website for more information.
- Lightly used bikes in good working order will undergo a safety check and be donated to The Women in Need Society of Calgary (WIN)
- Bikes that can be fixed and are a surplus to our stock at the shop make their way to Bikes for Humanity, head over to their website for more info!
- The Good Life Community will sell the bike at the shop or give it away via our work-trade program. Revenue generated from donated bikes is what keeps our shop alive, covering about 70% of our costs and bringing us closer to sustainability beyond depending on grants.
- Unusable bikes will be stripped of useable parts and recycled. Way better than bringing it to dump!
Your used components are checked-over and sorted for re-sale at $5 for all our members, volunteers, greasers, and you the community to use or buy to replace parts on your bike or a shop bike.